The ExportGeo-Fluent module is the GeoDict interface for Fluent™ and exports structuremodels with the computational settings needed for CFD software Ansys-Fluent.
ExportGeo-Fluent converts voxelized data to formats for flow and heat computations with Fluent™. The *.jou and *.inp files are saved as ASCII files so that, if changes are required, they can be easily opened and edited with a text editor. Based on the voxel structure, the GeoDict software also generates an unstructured volume mesh (.msh file), as needed for Fluent™.
These steps are required:
- Import 3D-image data (ÁCT, FIG-SEM..) or create a 3D-material model with the needed material characteristics using one of the GeoDict modules for digital material design.
- Define the solver settings needed in Fluent™, and save to *.jou file with ExportGeo-Fluent.
- Execute *.jou in Fluent™.
Possible applications for the ExportGeo-Fluent module are:
- to compare the results of GeoDict with Fluent™.
- to do simulations that could not be done yet with GeoDict, such as non-Newtonian flow.
Then with ExportGeo-Fluent, the structure generated with GeoDict can be exported as *.msh file and a pre-defined Fluent™ journal file (*.jou) is written.